Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inverse problem

I’m free…kinda. Carlos sent some people over, who managed to get the door open. I am now free to leave the house. Or at least I would be if it were not for the gaping hole in my door where the lock once was. You see, to get the door to yield to us, we had to utilize a finely tuned instrument of surgical precision…a hammer. I intend to keep the pieces of the lock as a trophy.
So now the door is open for all to come and go…which is now the problem. I can’t exactly leave the house like this for anyone to enter and pillage. So now I have to stay and wait for the crew to come back with a new lock. One of the guys stayed behind, but as I don’t speak Spanish, and he can’t understand English, we aren’t exactly good company.
My English nature is compelling me to offer the bloke a cup of tea, but I have no way to offer him one short of mime!

No comments:

Post a Comment