Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Trapped and I can't get Out!!!

No really, I cannot physically leave the house. I woke up late this morning, as the career-improvement day doesn’t start until 10am. My housemates had already left for school as the elementary classes did start today. I enjoyed a leisurely lie in, brushed my teeth, made a pot of tea, and then finally decided to open the front door to allow in the unusually fair morning.

But the door wouldn't budge.

Something must have happened when Jeff and Lacey left for school this morning, because the deadbolt simply will not unlock! I even tried taking the whole contraption apart and turning it with a screwdriver...still it refused to move.

I called Maki over to see if she would have any better luck from the outside. She first had to climb over the fence, as the gate was locked as well, and then we had to co-ordinate putting the lock back together. Finally all was in place, and I handed Maki the key through the window. She inserted it into the lock and turned...and turned...and turned...

We are pretty sure that the lock is bust.

So here I am, sitting alone on the sofa with a cup of tea, unable to leave the house. Carlos is supposedly trying to find a carpenter, but according to Maki, he doesn’t currently have his truck, so I don't expect recue any time soon. Maki had to leave to go to the career-improvement thingy, so I'm all on my lonesome now.

I suppose I'll do some lesson planning, although it is VERY tempting to put on a movie (thanks to Dad my laptop now plays movies, WOOHOO!) I was moaning about Christmas break ending too soon. I really should learn to be more careful about what I wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment