Friday, November 12, 2010

Urgent Message

We interupt my previously planned blog post for this urgent announcment reguarding another person at the Olancho Aid Foundation Silvia Sanchez, a janitor at Escuela Nazareth, our school for the handicapped:

"On Saturday her 21 year old son was run over by an automobile leaving his legs in a very critical state with more than two fractures in each leg.  He was transferred early Sunday morning to Tegucigalpa.  The doctors are asking that Silvia and her family parchase the pins he needs to have implanted in an attempt to save his legs; it will cost Lps. 10,800.00 each legs including other costs that his recuperation may incur."

To trans;ate the gravity of the situation, there are about 18 lempiras to every US dollar. This means that each of the pins is going to run about $600, which is about how much I currently make in three months! Any help that can be given would be wonderful (and completely voluntary as I have no idea of the rules reguarding talking about this on the internet).

So lets just say that you are aware of the situation, that Silvia is in need of assistancce, and that you know my parents who have the ability to wire me any charity which is given in the spirit of generosity (and in no way petitioned from yours truly)  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew, Have just finished copying your entire blog so I can take it with me to Mom's to read and re-read those portions I have already done. Have missed hearing your rational voice in the frame shop. Life for me is extremely hectic and dramatic as of late, but life none the less! Looking forward to reading your thoughts. Mimi

    ReplyDelete